Ending the Stigma Around Bankruptcy, with Jen Lee
Jen Lee is a debt and credit attorney and owner of Jen Lee Law, Inc., a law firm with offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, and Tracy, California. She is a leading expert on debt, credit, and financial stress, having been featured in Consumer Affairs, US News & World Report, and other national publications. Jen is the creator of several innovative programs to deal with financial stress and rebuilding after financial disaster.
Jen is the co-author of Preventing Credit Card Fraud: A Complete Guide for Everyone from Merchants to Consumers, published by Rowman & Littlefield in March of 2017.
What You Will Learn:
- How 70% of Americans have a debt or credit problem, but the stigma around talking about our finances makes us feel alone in our struggles
- Why lack of education and major life events are the main cause of bad financial situations
- Why we should look at bankruptcy as a tool rather than something to be ashamed of
- What the consequences are of filing bankruptcy, and how Jen helps her clients recover
- How to successfully rebuild credit after filing bankruptcy
- Why reshaping the conversations around finances and offering actionable steps helps build self-esteem and improve overall mental health
- Jen’s actionable advice for women looking to take control of their finances today
How to contact Jen Lee:
- Website: www.jenleelaw.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jenleelaw
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenleelaw/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jenleelaw