Getting a Basic Financial Literacy, with Erin Brown
Erin Brown is the Executive Editor at Greenleaf Book Group. After graduating with a BS in Communications from the University of Texas at Austin, Erin moved to New York City where she worked for almost a decade at two major publishing houses: William Morrow, a division of HarperCollins, and Thomas Dunne Books, an imprint of St. Martins Press. There, she edited mysteries, women’s fiction, literary fiction, romance, thrillers, nonfiction (business, self-help, political, and memoirs), and almost every genre under the sun. After returning to Austin, she worked as a freelance editor helping authors hone their work for many years. When she’s not buried (happily) in manuscripts, Erin can be found mastering a new yoga pose or walking her bearded dragon around the neighborhood.
What You Will Learn:
- How Erin fell into a career in editing after getting a degree in advertising
- What led to Erin’s discovery that she didn’t have much financial literacy after her divorce
- How to learn and become accountable for your finances as an adult woman
- The importance of ensuring that women work cooperatively with their partners on finances
- How Erin is educating her children about finances, and how that differs from the way she was raised
- Why it’s important to have regular money audits to track your spending
How to contact Erin Brown:
- Website: https://greenleafbookgroup.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/erin-brown-b7530844
Meet your hosts:
No posts were found for provided query parameters.