The Health/Wealth Connection: Quality Sleep, with Lauri Leadley
Lauri Headly explains the significance of good sleep patterns to our brain health and our overall well-being.
Lauri’s fascination with the physiology of sleep began more than 30 years ago when as a respiratory therapist she saw a patient with sleep apnea for the first time. It stimulated her to become a sleep technologist. Lauri remembers her very first patient who woke up after a sleep study and said, “Wow, I’ve never dreamt before and l last night I had dreams!” It was a turning point in her career.
Our culture, in general, does not recognize the human body’s need for adequate sleep. Lauri was guilty of this for years. Chronic pain had interrupted her sleep and life for as long as she could remember and she continued to ignore it.
It wasn’t until Lauri’s second cancer diagnosis that she found herself struggling to fall asleep and stay asleep that she knew that the lack of sleep was impacting her body’s ability to heal. Lauri experienced first-hand the results of having a long-running pattern of sleep loss and its effect on her health.
Lauri’s health challenges over the years fed her desire to change lives. Now she’d like to help you overcome your battles.
What You Will Learn:
- How Lauri’s health problems inspired her to become a respiratory therapist
- How Lauri started an at-home pulse oximetry business
- What message Lauri heard in church that encouraged her to continue her pregnancy while going through chemotherapy
- What are the signs of sleep apnea, and when should you seek medical treatment
- What is an Inspire Device, and what qualifications you need to get one
- How your life can change after improving your quality of sleep
How to contact Lauri Leadley:
- Website: https://valleysleepcenter.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauri-leadley-b04b235/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laurilynn/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ValleySleepCenter
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurileadley
Meet your hosts:
No posts were found for provided query parameters.