Step Into the Next Best Version of Yourself, with Joan Clark
Joan Clark has over 25 years of experience in Human Resources. For the past eight years, she has served as the C.E.O. of JM Clark & Company, where she strives for meaningful discovery and helps her clients “Achieve the Extraordinary.” Since Joan’s first appearance on the podcast (Ep #33), she’s been busy! She’s been writing a book and recently spoke at a women’s conference in California about her new leadership program: Catch the W.A.V.E. (Women Adding Value Everywhere).
Growing up in a rural household in Kentucky, Joan entered the workforce directly after high school. In one of her early jobs, a manager challenged Joan to think about her long-term dreams. She never believed it was possible to go to college, as no one in her family had. Her manager set up a deal with Joan – he would pay for one college course, Joan would try it out and see how she liked it, and then they’d reassess together. That moment was a turning point in Joan’s life. She went on to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Management and advance her career to ultimately serve as Area Vice President in Human Resources with Parker Hannifin Corporation.
With 25 years of corporate experience and eight years of coaching, Joan Clark believes that when applying for a new role, knowledge, skills, and education gets you in the door. But your self-awareness, willingness to work with others and critical thinking skills will differentiate you from the rest. How can you get that cutting edge? Joan offers many helpful tips in this episode, but here are five to start:
- Become a lifelong learner. (See Joan’s book recommendations below.)
- Get quiet, take a step back, and determine your why.
- Be the one to volunteer for new opportunities at work.
- Support other women.
- Frame what you have to offer… in a way that can be heard.
On this episode of Money Loves Women, join Dr. Deborah Ekstrom and Joan Clark to learn why Joan transitioned from corporate work to a self-owned business. You’ll also learn how becoming clear on your “why” can help you advance your career and what qualities C.E.O.s are looking for in future employees.
- Transitioning from a corporate to a self-owned business
- Being a lifelong learner
- Tips for women of all generations who are in the workforce
- Joan’s book recommendations
- Critical thinking
- MLW Episode #33 with Joan Clark: Build Your Wealth by Building Those Around You
- Joan Clark’s Website
- Joan Clark’s LinkedIn Profile
- Catch the W.A.V.E. (Women Adding Value Everywhere)
- Joan Clark’s Book Recommendations
For more information on how to achieve financial freedom, personal mastery, and professional success, please visit https://moneyloveswomen.com/.
Meet your hosts:
No posts were found for provided query parameters.