Dziesma Teteris is the Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and Certified Paralegal (Boston University, MA). Holds two associate degrees in Political Science/Western World Studies (Ventura College, CA); B.A. in Political Science with a minor in Global Peace and Security (UCSB, CA); M.B.A. (University of Phoenix, AZ); and J.D. (Colleges of Law, CA).
Dziesma Teteris is passionate about performing arts and enjoys public speaking. She volunteers at local Latvian communities and utilizes her knowledge and skills to promote Latvian culture. She has served on the Board of Directors for several non-for-profit organizations. Dziesma is certain that any change presents a new opportunity, during the pandemic she founded a global network for reading Latvian playwrights’ works and is one of the founders and a director for the World Association of Latvian Amateur Theatres. She is also a recipient of several scholarships, recognitions, and honorary volunteer awards from the World Federation of Free Latvians, American Latvian Association, and Southern California Latvian Association amongst others. Dziesma is very dynamic and credits her success to her positive outlook, flexibility at times of change, and her passion for life-long learning.
Dziesma Teteris speaks fluent English, Latvian, and Russian.
What You Will Learn:
- How growing up in the Soviet Union during the Cold War impacted Dziesma’s ability to say no
- Why it’s important to do one thing every day to make things better for someone else
- How Dziesma managed to release the Soviet ideologies that she grew up with
- Why Dziesma refuses to “kill time” and how she chooses to spend her free time
- What complimenting and celebrating others can do to impact their lives
- How the pandemic allowed us to connect more with others across the world
- Why we should remain flexible during times of change